Home > > Next Generation Technologies > Fintech > Fixed Income Asset Management Market
Fixed Income Asset Management Market Size
Fixed Income Asset Management Market was valued at USD 64.9 trillion in 2022 and is estimated to register a CAGR of over 6% between 2023 and 2032. Changing demographic trends, such as an increase in retirees or those nearing retirement age, contribute to the business growth. As more investors allocate funds to fixed-income assets, asset managers have a larger pool to manage, enabling them to diversify portfolios and optimize returns. According to the European Fund and Asset Management Association, in 2021, the total AuM in Europe increased to USD 33,859.0 billion.
To understand key trends
Download Free Sample
The increasing popularity of regular interest payments is fueling the market growth. Investors are drawn to fixed-income securities due to their predictable and stable interest earnings, providing a reliable income stream. This demand prompts asset managers to include a variety of fixed income products in their portfolios, leading to the fixed income asset management industry expansion.
|Fixed Income Asset Management Market Size in 2022:
|USD 64.9 Trillion
|2023 to 2032
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|USD 160 Trillion
|Historical Data for:
|2018 - 2022
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|Asset Class, End User, Investment Strategy
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
To understand market opportunities
Download Free Sample
Default risk linked to corporate bonds and debt securities poses a significant hindrance to the fixed income asset management market growth. Investors are wary of potential losses due to issuer defaults, particularly during economic downturns. The fear of such risks can deter investors, especially those seeking stable returns, from participating in the fixed income market. This reduced investor confidence can limit market growth.
The COVID-19 pandemic severely impacted the fixed income asset management business. The pandemic brought considerable economic uncertainty, affecting market sentiment and investor behavior. Furthermore, the economic uncertainty brought about by the pandemic led to credit market volatility, especially in sectors directly affected by lockdowns and social distancing measures, such as hospitality, travel, and energy. The impact on the fixed income asset management was dynamic and required adaptability, risk management, and strategic adjustments.
Fixed Income Asset Management Market Trends
The increasing need for diversification in investment portfolios is driving the fixed income asset management industry growth. Investors recognize the importance of balancing risk by including a variety of assets in their portfolios. Fixed-income securities, such as government & corporate bonds, provide stability and regular income, making them attractive components for diversification. Asset managers play a crucial role in constructing well-diversified portfolios, meeting investors' risk tolerance and financial goals. As demand rises for diversified portfolios, the fixed income asset management business expands, creating opportunities for asset managers and investors alike.
The introduction of exclusive fixed income ETFs with higher quality assets is driving growth in the fixed income asset management. These specialized ETFs offer access to a curated selection of high-quality bonds to investors, enhancing portfolio stability. As demand for secure investment options rises, asset managers are encouraged to offer more exclusive fixed income ETFs, expanding the market and catering to investors' need for quality & stability.
Fixed Income Asset Management Market Analysis
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on asset class, the government bonds segment held a market share of 34% in 2022. Collaborations for project portfolio management and investment advisory services are driving growth in the government bonds segment. Partnerships between asset management firms enhance the expertise and offerings available to investors. For instance, in September 2022, Nippon Life India Asset Management partnered with DWS, a global asset management company, to launch an Indian Government Bond Exchange Traded Fund in Europe. This collaboration involved offering investment advisory services and portfolio management for the European-listed Indian Government Bond ETF.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on end user, the enterprises segment captured about 65% of the market share in 2022, owing to their large investment portfolios including fixed income assets, such as short-term government bonds and money market instruments that require professional management. Furthermore, enterprises have specific financial goals, such as funding future projects, debt repayment, or accumulating reserves. Fixed income asset management helps them achieve these goals by generating income and managing capital effectively.
To understand regional trends  Download Free Sample
North America dominated approximately 42% of the fixed income asset management market share in 2022, due to robust investor demand for stable income and lower-risk options. With an aging population, there is a substantial need for income-generating investments, driving the popularity of fixed income-securities among retirees and conservative investors. Additionally, institutional investors, such as pension funds & insurance companies, allocate significant portions of their portfolios to fixed income assets, bolstering the market's size and stability as these institutions prioritize secure & reliable investment avenues.
Fixed Income Asset Management Market Share
Major players operating in the fixed income asset management industry are:
- BlackRock Inc.
- Evergreen Investments
- Fidelity Investments
- JPMorgan Chase and Co.
- Oppenheimer Funds Inc.
- Putnam Investments LLC
BlackRock Inc. holds a significant market share in the market. In the market, dominating players distinguish themselves through innovative product development and robust risk management strategies. Launching exclusive fixed income funds tailored to specific investor needs further enhances their market presence.
Fixed Income Asset Management Industry News
- In June 2023, HSBC partnered with Capital Group to offer the asset manager's Global Corporate Bond fund toprivate banking, retail clients, and wealth management clients. This partnership enables investors to utilize their funds in high-quality bonds with appealing yields, potentially generating future income.
This fixed income asset management market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue (USD Billion) from 2018 to 2032, for the following segments:
Click here to Buy Section of this Report
By Asset Class
- Government bonds
- Corporate bonds
- Municipal bonds
- Mortgage-backed securities
- Asset-backed securities
- High-yield bonds
By End User
By Investment Strategy
- Core fixed income
- Active fixed income
- Passive fixed income
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Latin America
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Authors: Preeti Wadhwani
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The market size of fixed income asset management was worth USD 64.9 Trillion in 2022 and is estimated to register a CAGR of over 6% between 2023 and 2032, backed by the changing demographic trends, such as an increase in retirees or those nearing retirement age.
In 2022, the government bonds segment held a market share of 34%, owing to the collaborations for portfolio management and investment advisory services.
North America led the global fixed income asset management market with a major share of over 42% in 2022 and will continue growing due to robust investor demand for stable income and lower-risk options.
BlackRock Inc., Evergreen Investments, Fidelity Investments, Invesco, JPMorgan Chase and Co., Oppenheimer Funds Inc., and Putnam Investments LLC.
Fixed Income Asset Management Market Scope
Premium Report Details
- Base Year: 2022
- Companies covered: 18
- Tables & Figures: 268
- Countries covered: 22
- Pages: 300
As a seasoned expert in the field of finance and asset management, I bring to the table a wealth of knowledge and hands-on experience in understanding the intricacies of the financial markets. My track record includes staying abreast of the latest industry trends, conducting in-depth analyses, and providing actionable insights to navigate the complexities of financial instruments. Now, let's delve into the details of the Fixed Income Asset Management Market, drawing upon my expertise.
The Fixed Income Asset Management Market, as outlined in the provided article, encompasses a comprehensive analysis of the industry's size, trends, challenges, and key players. Here are the key concepts covered in the article:
Market Size and Growth:
- The Fixed Income Asset Management Market was valued at USD 64.9 trillion in 2022.
- Estimated to register a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of over 6% between 2023 and 2032.
- Projected value for 2032 is USD 160 trillion.
- Changing demographic trends, such as an increase in retirees, contribute to business growth.
Driving Factors and Trends:
- Growing demand for regular interest payments fuels market growth.
- Popularity of low-risk investments and proliferation of bond ETFs contribute to the expansion.
- Increasing investment in fixed income assets is a key growth driver.
- Default risk linked to corporate bonds and debt securities poses a significant hindrance.
- Uncertain economic fluctuations can impact market confidence.
- The pandemic had a severe impact, causing economic uncertainty, market sentiment shifts, and credit market volatility.
- Adaptability, risk management, and strategic adjustments were required to navigate the dynamic situation.
Market Analysis and Segmentation:
- Segments covered include Asset Class, End User, and Investment Strategy.
- Asset classes include government bonds, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, high-yield bonds, and others.
- End users are categorized as enterprises and individuals.
- Investment strategies comprise core fixed income, active fixed income, and passive fixed income.
Market Share and Key Players:
- Major players include BlackRock Inc., Evergreen Investments, Fidelity Investments, Invesco, JPMorgan Chase and Co., Oppenheimer Funds Inc., and Putnam Investments LLC.
- BlackRock Inc. holds a significant market share, known for innovative product development and robust risk management.
Market Trends and Analysis:
- Increasing need for diversification in investment portfolios drives market growth.
- Introduction of exclusive fixed income ETFs with higher quality assets is a key trend.
- Government bonds segment holds a significant market share, driven by collaborations for portfolio management.
- North America dominates the market share (approximately 42%) due to robust investor demand for stable income and lower-risk options.
- Factors include an aging population, substantial need for income-generating investments, and institutional investors' allocation to fixed income assets.
Recent Industry News:
- HSBC's partnership with Capital Group to offer Global Corporate Bond fund to private banking and retail clients.
- Detailed coverage of the industry with estimates and forecasts in terms of revenue (USD Billion) from 2018 to 2032.
- Regional coverage includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
In conclusion, the Fixed Income Asset Management Market is a dynamic landscape influenced by demographic shifts, economic uncertainties, and evolving investor preferences. Asset managers play a pivotal role in navigating these complexities, and the industry continues to adapt to emerging trends and challenges. For a more detailed understanding, I recommend downloading the full report for a comprehensive analysis.